The 2014 CBC Commemorative Beer is an innovative collaborative project involving 145 Colorado Brewers Guild member brewers. For months, Colorado brewers have been developing dozens of ideas for this special brew. The official 2014 CBC beer will be called Centennial Pale Ale in connection with Colorado being known as the Centennial State.
The Centennial Pale Ale is the first American craft beer to use the Ball Corporation’s new Dynamark™ Variable Printing Technology. The variable print technology will create a collection of cans that will spell “CBC Colorado 2014” when aligned with the full collection of cans available to CBC attendees. In addition to the Dynamark™ Variable Printing Technology the Centennial Pale Ale demonstrates the innovative nature of Colorado’s craft beer culture by being the first ever CBC collaboration beer to be packaged in a can, a 19.2 oz. single serve can that was introduced to the US market in 2013.
Centennial Pale Ale:
- Colorado is known as the Centennial State.
- First ever CBC Collaboration brew with 100% ingredients from the host state. Brewed with Colorado ingredients including Colorado grown Centennial Hops.
- The Centennial Pale Ale demonstrates the innovative nature of Colorado’s craft beer culture by being the first ever CBC collaboration beer to be packaged in a can.
- The beer will be packaged in 19.2 ounce single serve cans, first introduced in 2013 by Ball Corporation.
- The Centennial Pale Ale will be the first American craft beer to use the Ball Corporation’s new Dynamark™ Variable Printing Technology.
- Centennial Pale Ale was brewed and canned at Oskar Blues Brewery in Longmont, Colorado on Monday, February 24 @ 10:00 am.
Sponsors and Partners:
Beer Ingredients: All ingredients and supplies were donated by the following companies:
- Colorado Malting Company – Malt
- Colorado Hop Yard – Hops
- Rising Sun Hop Farms – Hops
- High Wire Hops – Hops
- Todd Hopps – Hops
- Oskar Blues Hops and Heifers Farm – Hops
- New Belgium Brewing – Hops
- The Brewing Science Institute – Yeast
- Ball Corporation – 19.2 ounce cans and Dynamark™ Variable Printing Technology
- Oskar Blues Brewery – Host Brewery
- Strange Brewery – Brewed test batches on pilot system
Find Centennial Pale Ale During the Craft Brewers Conference Week in Denver.
Wednesday April 9th – Star Bar – CANARCHY http://www.starbardenver.com/
Friday April 11th – Fresh Craft – Extrava CANza http://freshcraft.com/
Saturday April 12th – Star Bar – CBC Encore http://www.starbardenver.com/
On Draft & Cans at:
Oskar Blues Tasty Weasel Taproom – http://brew.oskarblues.com/
Falling Rock Taphouse – http://fallingrocktaphouse.
Lucky Pie Pizza & Tap House – http://luckypiepizza.com
Hyatt Regency – http://denverregency.hyatt.
All 145 Colorado Brewers Guild member brewers were invited to the brew day on February 24th, 2014 at Oskar Blues Brewery.